On 11/23/2010 09:37 AM, Pavel Zuna wrote:
Finally managed to rewrite the DNS plugin again. Sorry, it took so long, we had training in the office and I also had a nasty bug in baseldap.py I couldn't find.

Anyway, this version has it all:
- changes we agreed on meeting, the "resource" abstraction is gone and we now only have zones and records = adding new record automatically updates and existing entry or creates it if it wasn't there and deleting the last record deletes the whole entry - all of it transparent to the user
- unit tests
- ipa help documentation

Fixes tickets:

I also closed bug #654412.

It has a new patch sequence number, because it depends on another patch with a higher number and didn't want to create forward dependencies.

Depends on my patches number:
35 (will repost if needed)
38 (posted a while ago on freeipa-devel)

Pavel

I keep getting an error when doing simple things like install and ipa help:
[ayo...@ipa freeipa]$ ./ipa help dns2
ipa: ERROR: AttributeError: cannot override NameSpace.idnsname value Str('idnsname', cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Zone name (FQDN)', domain='ipa', localedir=None), label=Gettext('Zone name', domain='ipa', localedir=None), multivalue=False, normalizer=<lambda>, primary_key=True, query=True, required=True) with Str('idnsname', attribute=True, cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Record name', domain='ipa', localedir=None), label=Gettext('Record name', domain='ipa', localedir=None), multivalue=False, primary_key=True, query=True, required=True)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/cli.py", line 962, in run
    api.finalize()
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/plugable.py", line 615, in finalize
    p.instance.finalize()
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/frontend.py", line 724, in finalize
    self._create_param_namespace('args')
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/frontend.py", line 350, in _create_param_namespace
    sort=False
  File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/base.py", line 407, in __init__
    (self.__class__.__name__, name, self.__map[name], member)
AttributeError: cannot override NameSpace.idnsname value Str('idnsname', cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Zone name (FQDN)', domain='ipa', localedir=None), label=Gettext('Zone name', domain='ipa', localedir=None), multivalue=False, normalizer=<lambda>, primary_key=True, query=True, required=True) with Str('idnsname', attribute=True, cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Record name', domain='ipa', localedir=None), label=Gettext('Record name', domain='ipa', localedir=None), multivalue=False, primary_key=True, query=True, required=True)
ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred