Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jan Zelený wrote:
Jan Zelený<jzel...@redhat.com> wrote:
Rob Crittenden<rcrit...@redhat.com> wrote:
Yi found a tricky way to remove required attributes that aren't
required
in the schema. The problem was we weren't enforcing parameter.required
in mods (because it was enforcing that every variable with required be
provided).

I added a new check routine that is executed after setattr/addattr does
its work and verifies that no required parameters get skipped.

ticket 852

rob

Looks fine, works as expected. ACK

I'm just not sure whether is is necessary to call the function twice
- once
on self.params and once on self.obj.params (I get the latter one, but
I'm
not sure whether the former one is necessary).

Hmm, you may be right. I did it in case any of self.params had a
requires on it, but since this is a mod operation then I think by
definition it can't.

Jan

One more thing - I'm not sure whether it is necessary to add the check to
LDAPCreate - I tried to create role with empty description and it
failed as
expected.

I think you're. I did it to prevent something like this:

# ipa group-add --desc='foo' --setattr description='' foo

but it is already handled.

I'll work up a new patch.

rob

Updated patch attached.