On 03/30/2011 11:13 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Since this is a new-feature type patch it should be pushed only to master.
-------
The DNS record plugin does not support modification of a record. One
can only add A type addresses to a DNS record or remove the current
ones. To actually change a DNS record value it has to be removed and
then added with a desired value.

This patch adds a new DNS plugin command "dnsrecord-mod" which enables
user to:
  - modify a DNS record value (note than DNS record can hold multiple values
    and those will be overwritten)
  - remove a DNS record when an empty value is passed

New tests for this new command have been added to the CLI test suite.

NACK,

The problem is that if there are 10 A records, and I only want to modify one, I have no way to specify which one.

The API should be something like:

ipa dnsrecord-mod ayoung.boston.devel.redhat.com testa 10.10.2.3 --a-rec=,10.11.12.13

Alternatively, we can decide that we are not going to do mod, and have the WebUI do a delete and an add: