On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:12:22 -0400
Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com> wrote:

> JR Aquino wrote:

> > Does the limitation of autobind with root mean that all of the
> > tools that use ldapi need to be revisited and turned back to 389?
>
> ipa-host-net-manage and ipa-compat-manage work ok for me with this
> patch applied.

NACK
autobind comes into play only when SASL_EXTERNAL auth is used,
the krb5kdc binds as uid=kdc over ldapi w/o any issue.

If these tools are having a problem with ldapi, it is most probably an
underlying bug in our ldap wrappers, as thyese tools should bind as
Directory Manager using simple auth not doing SASL_EXTERNAL auth.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York