On 04/12/2011 12:45 PM, jm k wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ( * Sorry :his message has nothing to do with freeIPA but the original
> penrose sites seems to be dead.  *)
>
> I  made some modification to the penrose serveur :
>     -  added binary data as jdbc data type ( for jpegphotos),
>     - corrected a typo  in some regexp replacement code
>              (leading to unwanted rewrite of source alias names )
>
>  I would like to know how to submit these patches to upstream  for
> validation/inclusion.

Unfortunately this project is abandoned. We are not planning to maintain
it at any foreseeable future.
The rationale behind integrating with Penrose was originally derived
from the requirement to inter-operate with the AD. However after
multiple iterations of design we decided to build our solution around
Kerberos trusts rather than direct lookups against multiple identity
sources. The AD trusts approach though more complex creates less burden
on the Linux administrators in the enterprise.

Feel free to maintain it if you find it useful.

> Thanks
>
> J.-M.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal