On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 12:40 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> On 26.4.2011 18:14, Martin Kosek wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 13:42 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> >> Automatically run the lint script during make rpms|client-rpms|srpms.
> >>

> > NACK until ticket 1184 is resolved and pushed. Currently, pylint check
> > fails when optional python packages (like python-rhsm) are not installed
> > on the machine. We should be able to build IPA without those packages
> > installed.
>
> I think printing a note asking the developer to kindly install the
> missing packages would be sufficient. AFAIK there are currently only 2
> optional packages: python-rhsm and python-krbV. python-krbV is optional
> only for the client part of IPA, so you most likely have it already
> installed and installing python-rhsm is not really much of a chore. That
> way all of the code would always be checked and the lint script would be
> free of the unnecessary complexity of handling missing packages.

I don't think this is a right approach. When the package is optional
(currently it may be python-rhsm and python-krbV only, but there may be
others in the future) I shouldn't be obliged to install them in order to
build IPA. When somebody develops something related with the optional
package he has them installed and the lint will check the relevant code
too.

It is not that big deal, I just think it would be an annoyance for
developers. But maybe there is a different opinion.