On 11.5.2011 22:58, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 10.5.2011 15:51, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 1.4.2011 17:47, Rob Crittenden wrote:
The hostname is passed in during the server installation. We should
use
this hostname for the resulting server as well. It was being discarded
and we always used the system hostname value.

ticket 1052

rob

It would be nice to use the saved hostname everywhere, instead of
socket.gethostname and similar. That would fix ticket 1035 too.

If you know of places this doesn't cover please let me know. 1035 is a
bit of a different case in that it doesn't validate that the hostname is
a FQDN.

rob

Nevermind, I thought for a moment that api.env.host is set to the value
from /etc/ipa/default.conf.

In fact that is what this patch allows.

rob

Strange, it didn't work for me yesterday but it does now. I must have missed something.

Anyway, when you s/socket.gethostname()/api.env.host/ in ipactl after applying your patch, IPA starts fine even when the hostname is changed to non-FQDN after the install, which I believe fixes the aforementioned ticket 1035.

Honza