On 05/26/2011 05:23 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 05/26/2011 05:19 PM, Adam Young wrote:
The term "Session global" is a little weird.  If you mean that
multiple requests in the same session can talk to the same cursor,
then yes.  Global implies multiple people can talk to it at once, and
I do not mean that.
One cursor per session. The session is per user per connection. It is
one global cursor for a session not a hash table or list of different
cursors within a session. The latter IMO is not needed and an overhead.
If you can't have session per connection then you would have to do what
Simo suggests.

So this brings me to the next point: Are all connections from one host
started by the same user share the same session? If this is the case
then .... uh ... bad ... than the hash is in fact needed. But this is
really scary...

That is the usual implementation. If I have a browser open, I want all of the requests made from that browser to go through the same session. If I have two browsers, say firefox and chrome, then they will have two different sessions. HTTP does not maintain a connection across mutliple requests...with a few exceptions, mostly to streamline the download of graphics etc for a single page. From a WebUI perspective, each JSON request would want to use the same session.