Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 05/26/2011 05:19 PM, Adam Young wrote:
The term "Session global" is a little weird.  If you mean that
multiple requests in the same session can talk to the same cursor,
then yes.  Global implies multiple people can talk to it at once, and
I do not mean that.

One cursor per session. The session is per user per connection. It is
one global cursor for a session not a hash table or list of different
cursors within a session. The latter IMO is not needed and an overhead.
If you can't have session per connection then you would have to do what
Simo suggests.

So this brings me to the next point: Are all connections from one host
started by the same user share the same session? If this is the case
then .... uh ... bad ... than the hash is in fact needed. But this is
really scary...

Each new connection gets its own cookie (e.g. you don't pass a cookie in then you get one once you authenticate).

To be honest, I was thinking about using the mod_session module but since we have only Apache 2.2.x it isn't available. We'll need to see what is available in the 2.x line.