On 6.6.2011 21:25, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 26.4.2011 22:52, Rob Crittenden wrote:
The goal is to not import foreign certificates.

This caused a bunch of tests to fail because we had a hardcoded server
certificate. Instead a developer will need to run make-testcert to
create a server certificate generated by the local CA to test against.

ticket 1134

rob

NACK

The certificate isn't verified in host-add.

I suspect that certificates signed by an intermediate CA (i.e. when the
certificate chain length > 2) are considered invalid. Is that the
desired behavior?

That will work as long as the issuer is the IPA CA. I see that if we are
given a service cert issued by another CA in the chain things could go
badly. I'm not sure this is something to really worry about though.

I guess it's not. But I'd like a second opinion on that.

make-testcert fails with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./make-testcert", line 126, in <module>
sys.exit(makecert(reqdir))
File "./make-testcert", line 105, in makecert
add=True)
File "./make-testcert", line 66, in run
result = self.execute(method, *args, **options)
File "/home/jcholast/freeipa/ipalib/backend.py", line 142, in execute
raise error #pylint: disable=E0702
ipalib.errors.CommandError: unknown command 'cert_request'

This is probably an error on my part (tried running in on both my
machine without IPA installed and on VM with IPA installed with no
luck), but nonetheless it should be fixed to fail gracefully so that the
tests in "make test" have a chance to run. Similarly, the tests which
use the test certificate created by make-testcert should be skipped if
the certificate isn't available.

You need to take the certificate databases from a self-signed install
and copy them to ~/.ipa/alias/ in order to do certificate testing. There
is documentation on how to do this in tests/test_xmlrpc/test_cert.py

I think this should be mandatory as certificates are a main feature of v2.

No matter what I do, I'm still getting the unknown command error. Can you describe the steps needed to make make-testcert successfully run?

BTW, it would be nice if "make test" printed an informational message when the requirements to run the tests aren't met instead of failing with some random error.

rob

Honza