Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 16:41 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Compare the configured interfaces with the supplied IP address and
optional netmask to determine if the interface is available.

Note the subtle change when comparing addresses. We have two object
types, IPNetwork and IPAddress. We should only compare addresses when we
don't have an IPNetwork otherwise we can end up comparing an address to
an object with a netmask and get a bad result.

NACK.

1) This breaks ipa-replica-prepare:

# ipa-replica-prepare vm-046.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
--ip-address=10.16.78.46
Usage: ipa-replica-prepare [options] FQDN (e.g. replica.example.com)

ipa-replica-prepare: error: option --ip-address: invalid IP address
10.16.78.46: No network interface matches the provided IP address and
netmask

Actually, this is not your fault, we just don't use IP address checking
in IPAOptionParser correctly. --ip-address option in ipa-replica-prepare
has type "ipnet" which is validated by the CheckedIPAddress. As
match_local defaults to True, your new exception is raised.

Ok, but is 10.16.78.46 a configured network interface?

I think we need 2 new option types for IPAOptionParser such as "iplocal"
and "ipnetlocal" which would be used for --ip-address option in
ipa-server-install or ipa-dns-install and which would use
match_local=True. Current types "ip" and "ipnet" should use
match_local=False.

2) CheckedIPAddress functionality (i.e. this fix) is neither in ipa-2-0
stable branch nor in RHEL 6.1. But this should be OK since it is
targeted for RHEL 6.2.

Right, I wasn't planning on pushing this to 2.0.