On 06/21/2011 08:15 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
This patch adds a new option name_from_ip to dnszone commands. Default value of idnsname is created from this option.

Honza

Some questions:

Is the field name_from_ip conditional? I assume that either we want to provide the name, or calculate the name from the IP address.

Should the field be a checkbox?

Will you code to calculate the reverse zone for an IPv6 Address work for the shorthand notation like this?

feco:aaaa:bbbb::1111

What is the point of the code
+        while True:
+            default = self.get_default(**params)
+            if len(default) == 0:
+                break
+            params.update(default)

I am guessing that there is no risk of an infinite loop here. Just seems like this code is meant to run for things other than dns.