On 21.6.2011 16:04, Adam Young wrote:
On 06/21/2011 08:15 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
This patch adds a new option name_from_ip to dnszone commands. Default
value of idnsname is created from this option.

Honza

Some questions:

Is the field name_from_ip conditional?  I assume that either we want to
provide the name, or calculate the name from the IP address.

If name_from_ip is used, the default value for idnsname is created from it. Thus, if both idnsname and name_from_ip are specified, idnsname has precedence.

Should the field be a checkbox?

Possibly. I'll leave that to you (and the rest of you UI developers) to decide.

Will you code to calculate the reverse zone for an IPv6 Address work for
the shorthand notation  like this?

feco:aaaa:bbbb::1111

It is handled by python-netaddr, so yes.

What is the point of the code
+        while True:
+            default = self.get_default(**params)
+            if len(default) == 0:
+                break
+            params.update(default)

I am guessing that there is no risk of an infinite loop here.  Just
seems like this code is meant to run for things other than dns.

This is to make chained default_from work - idnssoarname default is created from idnsname and idnsname default is created from name_from_ip - without this change, idnssoarname default value isn't created when only name_from_ip is specified.

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta