On 7/6/2011 4:32 PM, Adam Young wrote:
1. The check_required() is only called in blur events. It's not called
To test, open user's adder dialog, don't enter anything, just click Add.
The server will return an error (i.e. check_required() not called).
Another test, edit an existing user, empty the first name, click
somewhere else, an error will appear because it loses focus. Then click
Update, the server will return an error (i.e. check_required() not called).
2. In IPA.entity_select_widget the check_required() is only called if
the widget is editable.
To test, open IPA Server -> Configuration, set the Default user group to
empty, then click somewhere else. There's no validation error.
3. Also in IPA.entity_select_widget the check_required() is only called
from the text input's blur event, not from the drop down list. This
leads to strange behavior:
Open the hosts' adder dialog, click the drop down list, the validation
error will appear before the user has a chance to select a value.
4. For consistency, the multivalued_text and textarea widgets can be
modified to call the create_error_link() to create the error_link element.
5. There's a jslint warning.
Endi S. Dewata
Freeipa-devel mailing list