On 07/12/2011 03:59 PM, Adam Young wrote:
On 07/12/2011 12:21 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Due to DNS plugin architecture --setattr and --addattr options are not
available. DNS plugin does things in its own way and is based on
LDAPQuery base class which cannot use --setattr and --addattr options.

Hopefully the WebUI will be able to deal with it.

---

The DNS record plugin does not support modification of a record. One
can only add A type addresses to a DNS record or remove the current
ones. To actually change a DNS record value it has to be removed and
then added with a desired value.

This patch adds a new DNS plugin command "dnsrecord-mod" which enables
user to:
  - modify a DNS record value (note than DNS record can hold multiple values
    and those will be overwritten)
  - remove a DNS record when an empty value is passed

New tests for this new command have been added to the CLI test suite.