On 18.7.2011 15:00, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 14:35 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 18.7.2011 09:41, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 10:14 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 18:03 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
Install tools may fail with unexpected error when IPA server is not
installed on a system. Improve user experience by implementing
a check to affected tools.

Can you add a docstring to the check_server_configuration() function?

Looking in each utility it isn't necessarily obvious what this does but
my meager attempts at renaming it all failed. I considered
is_server_installed() but that implies it would return True/False. Then
I considered require_server_configured() but that didn't seem to fit
either. We have lots of other check_* so I guess it is fine, but some
docs on where/why it is used would be nice.

rob

I see you undertake the same function naming dilemma as I do. I improved
documentation for the function, it should help.

Martin

ACK

Merged to current master. Pushed to master, ipa-2-0.

Martin

I've just tried to build current master and got this:

./make-lint
install/tools/ipa-replica-prepare:68: [E0602, parse_options] Undefined
variable 'config'

Does anyone run make-lint before submitting a patch or during review at
all? :(

Honza

We don't - so that you can rant on the list :-) Of course we do, but
this one slipped in. Thanks for catching this.

Fixed and pushed under the one-liner rule (patch attached).

Martin

That's a relief, I got frightened for a moment :-)

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta