John Dennis wrote:
On 07/21/2011 08:27 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 19:59 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
The pairwise grouping used to form RDN's and AVA's proved to be
confusing in practice, this patch removes that functionality thus
requiring programmers to explicitly pair attr,value using a tuple or
list.

In addition it was discovered additional functionality was needed to
support some DN operations in freeipa. DN objects now support
startswith(), endswith() and the "in" membership test. These functions
and operators will accept either a DN or RDN.

The unittest was modified to remove the pairwise tests and add new
explicit tests. The unittest was augmented to test the new
functionality. In addition the unittest was cleaned up a bit to use
common utilty functions for improved readabilty and robustness.

The documentation was updated.

The patch looks good to me.

The removed form of creating DN's was indeed confusing. I went through
current uses of DN class, I didn't find any using the removed form. DN
tests also passes correctly.

Martin

Actually one of the tests was failing due to the removed form, not sure
how I missed it (or how you missed it either). But in any case it's a
one line fix test_role_plugin.py, I've rebased the patch to include that
and attached it. Whoever commits please use this version with the
test_role_plugin.

Also, the patch comments failed to mention even though we had a unittest
for dn.py, test/test_ipalib/test_dn.py it was not getting called by
run-tests because it had the execute permission bit set, the patch fixes
that so the unittest gets run by make-test.

pushed to master and ipa-2-0.