On 07/26/2011 06:36 AM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On 26.07.2011 06:23, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>> I'll send updated patch proposal today.
> Here is new patch.
>
> $ ipa hbactest --help
> Usage: ipa [global-options] hbactest [options]

>   -h, --help     show this help message and exit
>   --user=STR     User name
>   --srchost=STR  Source host
>   --host=STR     Target host
>   --service=STR  Service
>   --rules=LIST   Rules to test. If not specified, --enabled is assumed
>   --detail       Show which rules are passed, denied, or invalid
>   --enabled      Include all enabled IPA rules into test [default]
>   --disabled     Include all disabled IPA rules into test
>
> Following modes are implemented by the plugin given (user, source host,
> target host, service), attempt to login user coming from source host to
> target host's service:
>
> 1. Use all enabled HBAC rules in IPA database to simulate:
> $ ipa  hbactest --user=a1a --srchost=foo --host=bar --service=ssh
> --------------------
> Access granted: True
> --------------------
>
> 2. Show detailed summary of how rules were applied:
> $ ipa hbactest --user=a1a --srchost=foo --host=bar --service=ssh --detail
> --------------------
> Access granted: True
> --------------------
>   denied: my-second-rule, my-third-rule, myrule
>   passed: allow_all
>
> 3. Test explicitly specified HBAC rules:
> $ ipa hbactest --user=a1a --srchost=foo --host=bar --service=ssh
> --detail --rules=my-second-rule,myrule
> ---------------------
> Access granted: False
> ---------------------
>   denied: my-second-rule, myrule
>
> 4. Use all enabled HBAC rules in IPA database + explicitly specified rules:
> $ ipa hbactest --user=a1a --srchost=foo --host=bar --service=ssh
> --detail --rules=my-second-rule,myrule --enabled
> --------------------
> Access granted: True
> --------------------
>   denied: my-second-rule, my-third-rule, myrule
>   passed: allow_all
>
> 5. Test all disabled HBAC rules in IPA database:
> $ ipa hbactest --user=a1a --srchost=foo --host=bar --service=ssh
> --detail --disabled
> ---------------------
> Access granted: False
> ---------------------
>   denied: new-rule
>
> 6. Test all disabled HBAC rules in IPA database + explicitly specified
> rules:
> $ ipa hbactest --user=a1a --srchost=foo --host=bar --service=ssh
> --detail --rules=my-second-rule,myrule --disabled
> ---------------------
> Access granted: False
> ---------------------
>   denied: my-second-rule, myrule, new-rule
>
> 7. Test all (enabled and disabled) HBAC rules in IPA database:
> $ ipa hbactest --user=a1a --srchost=foo --host=bar --service=ssh
> --detail --enabled --disabled
> [...]

The tests imply that there are deny rules. We removed them so very soon
there would be no deny rules. Should the results of the test show
something like:

------------------------------
Access granted : True
------------------------------
Granted by:
------------------------------

Or
------------------------------
Access granted : False
------------------------------
Access not granted by any allow rule
------------------------------

(I do not think you have a test for this case...)

Or (for backward compatibility)
------------------------------
Access granted : False
------------------------------
Granted by:
------------------------------
------------------------------
Denied by:

This format seems to be more scriptable. You do not need to deal with
excaping commas if they are used in the name of the rule.
But I do not insist - this is just an example of potential output. Rob,
Martin do you have any comments, suggestions?

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
Red Hat Inc.