John Dennis wrote:
Replace deepcopy with constructor (i.e. type call)
Can now "clone" with configuration changes by passing object
of the same type to it's constructor, e.g.
dn1 = DN(('cn', 'foo')
dn2 = DN(dn1)
dn2 = DN(dn1, first_key_match=False)

Remove pairwise grouping for RDN's. Had previously removed it
for DN's, left it in for RDN's because it seemed to make sense
because of the way RDN's work but consistency is a higher goal.

Add keyword constructor parameters to pass configuration options.

Make first_key_match a configuration keyword.

Updated documentation.

Updated unit test.

FWIW, I noticed the unittest is now running 2x faster, not sure why,
removal of deepcopy? Anyway, hard to argue with performance doubling.

The constructor for RDN changed. It now requires tuples, is this the pairwise grouping you mention in the commit message?

I played around with creating a variety of DNs, RDNs and AVAs and everything seems to work as expected, so a qualified ack. I'm just curious why RDNs require tuples.