On 08/24/2011 11:38 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
The upgrade process makes saves some information in the IPA sysrestore state. If any of this state remains after an uninstall then you will get an error during re-install. Theoretically all this state should be removed as part of the upgrade process but on the outside chance, lets remove the state at uninstall to prevent problems.

I've had just one report of this, it may have been due to a blown upgrade, I'm not sure. I've been unable to reproduce it but at worst this is a noop and at best allows easy re-installation.

This requires patch 852.