Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 14:20 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
A new version of bind-dyndb-ldap has been released. Thanks to the new
persistent search feature, the name server can immediately pull new DNS
zones when they are created in IPA.

Since the bind-dyndb-ldap plugin has not been released in F-15 yet, one
has to use the provided src.rpm:

http://mkosek.fedorapeople.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/srpm/bind-dyndb-ldap-0.2.0-5.fc17.src.rpm

or rpms I built for x86_64 F-15:

http://mkosek.fedorapeople.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/x86_64/

There is one setback though. When I investigated DNS persistent search
behavior I still miss the ability to detect changes to the DNS zone
itself. Adding a record (for example MX record) to the zone does not
trigger an update of the zone in nameserver cache. We still have to wait
for cache timeout (argument "cache_ttl"). We cannot therefore use this
feature as a solution of:

Sending a rebased version of the patch. It requires new bind-dyndb-ldap
version that Adam has just sent to the list.

Martin

Ack. Tested this with the older bind-dyndb-ldap too and it doesn't cause anything to blow up, so ok to push now rather than waiting for bind-dyndb-ldap to hit updates-testing.