On Sep 16, 2011, at 4:41 AM, "Alexander Bokovoy" <aboko...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> Great, most bugs are fixed. I only saw these 2 minor bugs. If those are
>> fixed, I think we can ack&push.
>>
>> 1) Man pages: --list option is still not right, formating is wrong
>> +\fB\-l\fR, -\-list\fR
>>
>> 2) Enable action is missing a notice for the user, like the disable
>> action has:
>>
>> # ipa-managed-entries -e 'cn=UPG Definition,cn=Definitions,cn=Managed
>> Entries,cn=etc,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com' disable
>> Disabling Plugin
>>
>> # ipa-managed-entries -e 'cn=UPG Definition,cn=Definitions,cn=Managed
>> Entries,cn=etc,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com' enable
> This hurts. :)
>
> Can't we have a shortcut that allows to specify only name of the
> managed entry and we will expand it to full DN? Current approach is
> way error-prone for admins to accidently make a typo or two...

It may look intimidating via email, but the tool provides --list to show the
exact line thats needed to copy past, it also does checks to prevent accidental
typos.

The user isn't expected to know the full dn off the top of their head :)

The other nice thing is that the tool is not limited to only the stock FreeIPA
managed entries, so it will also list, enable, and disable any custom user
created managed entries, or future FreeIPA entries without modification.

-jr