I've ben working on the multiple search base feature in SSSD and I've
had some thoughts that might be relevant to the FreeIPA v3 core
effort. The idea behind multiple search bases is fairly simple;
instead of simply checking one subtree for user or group information,
you check several in series, stopping at the first match.

Seems like a good idea to me.

I presume it would not be a list of search bases to be applied to just one server but rather a list of <server,base> tuples.

As an implementation and use issue I would think you would want some mechanism by which the <server,base> was returned with the result so that some business logic could be applied based on which base produced the result.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/