On Thu, 06 Oct 2011, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> >Something like attached patch? The containers list should be sorted by
> >probability of encountering the container in real life, with users and
> >hosts to be at the beginning.
>
> Most of these cannot be a member of other things, the exception
> being hbacservice. Since this is limited to pam services I was going
> on the assumption that this would be a fairly small number so even
> if we did a couple of extra searches now and then there would be
> little downside, it can't be nested.
Ok, fair enough.
I have been running the script from the ticket for a while now and
reached 1003 users. It looks like ns-slapd's memory use slowly grows
and at few points there are failures on getting 'large group':
Adding user 994 to IPA ...
Adding user 994 to large-group ...
ipa: ERROR: large-group: group not found
Adding user 995 to IPA ...
Adding user 995 to large-group ...
Adding user 996 to IPA ...
Adding user 996 to large-group ...
ipa: ERROR: large-group: group not found
Adding user 997 to IPA ...
Adding user 997 to large-group ...
ipa: ERROR: large-group: group not found
Adding user 998 to IPA ...
Adding user 998 to large-group ...
ipa: ERROR: large-group: group not found
Adding user 999 to IPA ...
Adding user 999 to large-group ...

After that (and until 1004 so far) there were no failures.

Current memory consumption is following:
31953 dirsrv    20   0 2089m 665m 3532 S  3.6 66.6  42:07.14 ns-slapd

Free memory fluctuates around 50M and most of the other processes are
now in swap:
Mem:   1023444k total,   965736k used,    57708k free,      632k buffers
Swap:  2031612k total,  1012792k used,  1018820k free,    18096k cached

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy