Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Martin Kosek wrote:
1. If an installation error occurs after the hostname has been changed
it isn't reverted and the uninstaller needs to be run. This should
rollback like the client.

I think this is quite different. Client runs a whole uninstall()
procedure when the installation crashes. I see we have following options
here:
1) Run uninstall() when server installation crashes (not my favorite,
this would make the investigation of what went difficult)
Agree.

2) Restore just hostname and /etc/sysconfig/network file when
installation crashes and leave other for --uninstall (thus create a bit
inconsistent state)
For this one, there is now FileStore.has_file(path) method that allows
to check whether file store has back up for a file pointed by an
absolute path. This will allow you to proper detect that we actually
changed hostname/archived /etc/sysconfig/network already -- either in
server or client installation context.

Unlike all other methods, this one gives you nondestructive peeking of
the file store state.

ACK x 3, working fine.

I discovered one minor bug unrelated to these. If /etc/sysconfig/network doesn't have HOSTNAME set then the system hostname isn't restored when the server is uninstalled. My patch 893 will address that separately.

pushed to master and ipa-2-1