On 10/19/2011 08:15 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 15:18 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 15:05 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
This is 3.0 Core Effort Backlog patch.

The changes to API may look scary, but it should be OK, I just added
validators and normalizers. I found a lot of RR types unsupported by
bind-dyndb-ldap. I implemented a validator telling this information to
the user. I think the message is more user-friendly than the previous
LDAP schema error.

Enjoy the RFCs! :-)

Martin

---
Implement missing validators for DNS RR types so that we can capture
at least basic user errors. Additionally, a normalizer creating
a fully-qualified domain name has been implemented for several RRs
to prevent this common user error.

I noticed a typo in format description for LOC record validation. A
fixed patch attached.

Martin
Rebased for current master.

This patch is still waiting for review. As I would like to base my next
DNS work (structured DNS commands) on this patch I would like to have it
reviewed soon.

Thanks,

I've just given it a visual review, but it looks right. Probably should have some unit tests to go with it for some of the more commonly used types.