Martin Kosek wrote:
On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 14:11 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
Do at least a basic validation of DNS zone manager mail address.

Do not require '@' to be in the mail address as it is not used
in common DNS zone configuration (in bind for example) and people
may be used to configure it that way. '@' is always removed by the
installer before the DNS zone is created.

There is already a zonemgr_callback defined for this option, can the
verify_zonemgr call be either integrated or called from that?

rob

Right. Please, try this one. I also added a parser error when more than
one '@' is in the checked value.

Martin

A couple of things:

In the block where you are counting @ why not add an :

else:
    raise ValueError('address is not fully qualified')

rather than looking for '.' in the result? I think it will be clearer that way. I wonder if the error should contain an example as well, are people going to know what a fully-qualified means?

The regex is very strict for e-mail addresses, perhaps too much so. It doesn't allow upper-case characters, periods or _, both of which are allowed in login names. A common e-mail format is first.last@domain.