On 11/02/2011 03:19 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Simo Sorce wrote:
On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 16:44 -0400, Ade Lee wrote:
On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 16:03 -0400, Adam Young wrote:
[...]
So, a user becomes an agent on the ca by having a certificate in the
user record and being a member of the relevant admin, agent or auditor
group.

I see this as follows:
1. ipa cms-user-add (add a user and add the auxilliary cmsuser object
class)
2. ipa user-cert (contact the ca and get a certificate for this user,
add this cert to the user record in the ipa database)
3. ipa group-add-member (add the user to the relevant group)

At no point does PKI need to modify anything in the IPA database.

Sounds reasonable.
Can you post a link to the schema that would be added to IPA objects ?

Simo.

IIRC the user we create in CS now has the description attribute set up in a very specific way. Is that still required?

rob

Steps 1 to 3 should have an option to be performed only by CS admins with certificate client authentication, otherwise we will break rules of secure CS configuration including separation of roles.

Andrew