On 11/4/2011 12:11 PM, Adam Young wrote:
There is a warning/error in browser when there is no extension.js
present. This doesn't affect functionality, but I think we should try
to eliminate this kinds of error. Same problem is for develop.js on
production machines. This can be fixed separately.

One solution is to have stub extension.js and develop.js files with
nothing in them. In the case of the extension.js file, it should be
there, and served out of /etc/ipa/http. develope.jss should be done by
converting of develop_blank.js to develop.js when packaging up the RPM

I don't actually see any warnings with Firefox, but I agree we shouldn't create a broken link. Ideally when viewing the static files during development we shouldn't have a broken link either, not just in the production machine.

How about this, we rename the develop.js into extension.js, but we don't include it in the RPM. Then during RPM install we will touch extension.js so we wouldn't override the existing file, and not remove it during uninstall either? Then we can remove any references to develop.js too.

Is it ok to create the extension.js in /usr/share/ipa/ui?

--
Endi S. Dewata