On 11/18/2011 4:58 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 11/17/2011 08:27 PM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
The json_metadata command has been modified to return the command
metadata. The API.txt has been updated as well.

Needed by ticket #388

ACK from UI perspective. Ipalib changes seems fine to me, but I'm not
100% sure.

Note: this patch depends on edewata-314 which isn't ACKed yet.
Note 2: I hope this is really needed. It adds 400KB of data to load at
UI start.

Kind of. The current json_metadata only returns objects and methods. The hbactest plugin is defined as a Command, so the metadata for this plugin will not be returned unless we add the metadata for all commands.

HBAC test's metadata is needed to show translated labels in the UI. We can also redefine it in i18n_messages to avoid adding commands into json_metadata, but that will create duplicate labels.

Now the methods metadata seem to be a subset of commands metadata, so we probably can change the UI to use commands metadata and not pull the methods metadata.