Simo Sorce wrote:
I lost count of how many patches I handled, and to be honest I think
this naming convention sucks a bit.

I would be ok changing the number to match a ticket number perhaps, when
there is a ticket attached to it, but for patches like this one all you
really-need it to append a -2 at the end if a new revision is necessary.
Putting arbitrary numbers and names, doesn't make it any easier to
handle to me.

The numbers can help at commit time when ordering matters. Most of the time they are just decorators.

Being able to identify the owner of a patch in the file name is quite handy IMHO.