Dne 16.1.2012 22:02, Rob Crittenden napsal(a):
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 13.1.2012 20:53, Rob Crittenden napsal(a):
When viewing a certificate it will show the serial number as hex (dec).

# ipa service-show HTTP/rawhide.example.com
Principal: HTTP/rawhide.example....@example.com
Certificate: [snip]
Keytab: True
Managed by: rawhide.example.com
Subject: CN=rawhide.example.com,O=EXAMPLE.COM
Serial Number: 0x403 (1027)
Issuer: CN=EXAMPLE.COM Certificate Authority
Not Before: Fri Jan 13 15:00:44 2012 UTC
Not After: Thu Jan 13 15:00:44 2022 UTC
Fingerprint (MD5): e5:43:17:0d:8d:af:d6:69:d8:fb:eb:ca:79:fb:47:69
Fingerprint (SHA1):
c2:9e:8e:de:42:c9:4a:29:cc:b0:a0:de:57:c7:b7:d8:f9:b5:fe:e6

rob

NACK

Displaying a host or a service in the webUI fails with "IPA error 3009:
invalid 'serial_number': Decimal or hexadecimal number is required for
serial number".

I would suggest to do the nifty formatting of serial numbers on the
client side, that would fix the webUI issue, allow non-IPA clients to
parse the number without dissecting the string representation of it and
probably also save me a hack in the type conversion overhaul. You could
for example add a parameter flag like "format_serial_number" to indicate
to the client that it should format the value as a serial number.

Honza

Well, we want to do as little client formatting as possible. The idea is
to have a very thin client.

It doesn't seem right to me to enforce this specific representation of what is really just an integer at the API level. Doing a little formatting on the client side won't make the client(s) particularly fat, will it?

IMHO there is too much stuff done on server that would make more sense to do on client anyway (especially CLI-specific stuff such as CSV parsing). What is the reason we want such a thin client?

I believe there should be clear separation of presentation and content, but perhaps I'm a little bit too idealistic :-).

I'll look into fixing the UI side.

I don't see this error in services, it displays correctly. I'm not sure
if it is my browser or what but hosts don't display much of anything for
me.

rob

I have just checked both master and ipa-2-2 and I'm getting the same error message (tested in Firefox 9.0.1) when viewing details of a host or a service with the usercertificate attribute set.

BTW, wouldn't it make sense to format serial numbers in the cert plugin in the same way?

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta