Ondrej Hamada wrote:
On 01/19/2012 11:10 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Ondrej Hamada wrote:

Machines with hostname 'localhost.localdomain' are refused from joining
IPA domain and proper error message is shown.

This should probably check for just localhost as well.

It is good that the check is done here as ipa-join can be run outside
of ipa-client-install, but I wonder if it should be checked there as
well. By the time that ipa-join is called the user is potentially
prompted for a bunch of data whereas we could check the hostname very
early in ipa-client-install.

rob

Hostname checking is now in both ipa-client-install and ipa-join. Also
the checking is done against both the 'localhost' and
'localhost.localdomain' hostnames.

ACK, pushed to master and ipa-2-2