Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 17:04 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 10:55 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
Ignore empty options when performing an ACI search so that the
find command does not crash.

I tested this and it works, I just wanted to confirm that this is the
behavior we want. Empty search options are ignored. I think we'll want
to document this somewhere at a minimum.

rob

I think so. This is the way that our -find commands behave:

# ipa user-find --last=
--------------
1 user matched
--------------
    User login: admin
    Last name: Administrator
    Home directory: /home/admin
    Login shell: /bin/bash
    UID: 1198000000
    GID: 1198000000
    Account disabled: False
    Password: True
    Kerberos keys available: True
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 1
----------------------------

I wondered where to add this information, this is what "man ipa" says:

         find commands take an optional criteria string as their only
positional argument. If present,
         all  objects  with an attribute that contains the criteria string are
displayed. If an option
         representing an attribute is set, only object with the attribute
exactly matching the  speci‐
         fied  value  are displayed. Without parameters all objects of the
corresponding type are dis‐
         played.

We may enhance this documentation if we find it insufficient.

Martin

I think adding something like: "Options with empty values are ignored"
or something like that.

rob

Good idea. I enhanced ipa(1) man pages with this information (and made
the header more consistent with a rest of our man pages).

Martin

ACK