Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 02:51:42PM +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 16:56 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
There is a --parentmap option in automountmap-add-indirect. This is used
to create submount maps but wasn't working at all. It now creates the
proper key entry pointing to another map.

See ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1268 for more details
and examples.

rob

Works fine. I have just one minor issue. There was one untranslatable
string:

+        textui.print_plain('maps not connected to /etc/auto.master:')

I just wonder - can automount maps contain spaces?  They are allowed in
our framework. I think this part would not work correctly then:

automountinformation='-fstype=autofs ldap:%s' % map

Martin

As far as automount is concerned, the maps are just filesystem names
(that's what automounter historically used). So a space would be rare and
unwise to use, but technically possible.

I'll ask the autofs maintainer what he thinks. I think this would blow up their parser as well. This is their format, not ours.