On 1/31/2012 9:33 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
New UI for automember.

Implemented:
* search facet core
* rule details facet
* attribute_table_widget - new base class for tables which contains
multivalued attribute with special add/remove commands
* adding/removing conditions in details facet

TODO (will follow):
* label translations
* UI for defining default rules

Note: depends on my patch #72

ACK. Pushed to master and ipa-2-2.

As you mentioned in the earlier patch, the automember is one entity but it behaves like two separate entities for group and hostgroup. And the navigation map is composed of entities so that's why you had to fix the navigation code to be able to distinguish the facets for automember group and hostgroup.

I've been thinking we might want to detach the 1-1 relationship between the server plugin and the UI entity. This way we could define an entity that can encapsulate the interactions with multiple server plugins, or multiple entities using the same plugins like automember. So instead of calling IPA.command directly, the facet will call a method in the entity and it will execute the appropriate command(s). The command could be a batch and the entity could merge the results into a single object which can be handled by the facet more easily. In other words the entity will become the persistent layer.

Another thing, right now in the fields spec we specify the widgets that the fields going to use (I know I suggested it :)). Maybe it should have been the other way around. So in the widgets spec we specify the fields that the widgets are mapped to. This is related to the above point, the field will be part of persistent layer too. The facets and widgets are the clients of the persistent layer. The fields could later be moved into the entity definition. The facets will only contain widgets.

About the navigation map and entities, we could probably detach them too, but it can be discussed later.

--
Endi S. Dewata