Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/07/2012 01:52 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Honor the default home directory base when creating a new user. Test
included. I also cleaned up the way home directory was created.

This patch removes the default from the --homedirectory option, letting
the server fill it in pre_callback. If I'm reading this correctly,
default_from and create_default run on the client-side, so they can't
get to the config without round-tripping to the server.

Also, I've cleaned up the home directory generation to use
posixpath.join instead of '%s/%s' and ad-hoc cleanup. This should be
more robust. (It will also behave differently if the username starts
with '/' or maybe similar cases of the user asking for trouble.)

A question: Do we want to use posixpath here, or os.path? Put another
way, should the home directories separated by '\' if the server runs on
Windows?

Martin told me I need to make two changes: remove autofill along with
default_from, and since I have touched the API, update API.txt.

Attaching the updated patch.

This works well. I noticed that the default shell has the same problem.

I wonder if we should roll that similar change in or open a separate ticket.