Martin Kosek wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 16:31 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/07/2012 01:52 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Honor the default home directory base when creating a new user. Test
included. I also cleaned up the way home directory was created.

This patch removes the default from the --homedirectory option, letting
the server fill it in pre_callback. If I'm reading this correctly,
default_from and create_default run on the client-side, so they can't
get to the config without round-tripping to the server.

Also, I've cleaned up the home directory generation to use
posixpath.join instead of '%s/%s' and ad-hoc cleanup. This should be
more robust. (It will also behave differently if the username starts
with '/' or maybe similar cases of the user asking for trouble.)

A question: Do we want to use posixpath here, or os.path? Put another
way, should the home directories separated by '\' if the server runs on
Windows?

Martin told me I need to make two changes: remove autofill along with
default_from, and since I have touched the API, update API.txt.

Attaching the updated patch.

This works well. I noticed that the default shell has the same problem.

I wonder if we should roll that similar change in or open a separate ticket.

rob

Hm, default shell works for me:

# ipa config-mod --defaultshell=/bin/bash
# ipa user-add --first=Foo --last=Bar fbar2
------------------
Added user "fbar2"
------------------
   User login: fbar2
   First name: Foo
   Last name: Bar
   Full name: Foo Bar
   Display name: Foo Bar
   Initials: FB
   Home directory: /home/fbar2
   GECOS field: Foo Bar
   Login shell: /bin/bash<<<<  config is honored
   Kerberos principal: fb...@idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
   UID: 480800097
   GID: 480800097
   Password: False
   Member of groups: ipausers
   Kerberos keys available: False

Odd, I did exactly the same thing and got the wrong shell.

Oh, one more thing that came up to my mind when testing config plugin.
Rob, why do we have config params as optional? We don't expect that the
config attribute is missing in LDAP and IPA crashes in such cases (as in
ticket 2159). IMO they should all be required.

So that on a mod you don't have to provide all values. I think we need a non-empty option.