Martin Kosek wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 09:10 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 12:09 +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
A new version of bind-dyndb-ldap has been released, sending fixed
patches with the following major changes:
- Since bind-dyndb-ldap supports only idnsForwarders global option at
this time, all other global options were removed from the API. They
were
left in the schema though so that the schema is consistent with
bind-dyndb-ldap supported schema and the support of these options in
the
future can be added more seamlessly
- idnsAllowQuery and idnsAllowTransfer format has changed to follow
BIND
format (ACI elements separated with semicolon). An example of such
element:

ipa dnszone-mod example.com --allow-query="10.0.0.1;!10.0.0.0/8;any;"

This ACI would forbid machine from any IP from 10.0.0.0/8 network
besides 10.0.0.1 to query the name server. All other machines are
allowed to issue queries.

Any good reason why this is not a multi-value attribute ?
Do these ACIs need to be ordered ? (that would be probably a good
reason).

That's exactly it!

rob

Yup. Previous release of bind-dyndb-ldap followed the multi-valued LDAP
attribute format, but we found out that we cannot do it this way as the
ACI list need to be ordered.

When bind evaluates if it should allow/reject query/tranfer request it
simply traverses the ACI list, one by one, and accepts the result of the
first match, i.e. the order is crucial there.

Martin

There is no help for dnsconfig.

If you set global forwarders then named will fail to restart if there forwarders is defined in named.conf. We should warn users when setting this (and/or in the help).

I can't get forwarded domains to work. I think I followed the test instructions in the ticket but my bogus domain always resolves to the root.