I got so frustrated with kerberos options for Python I started writing a new MIT Kerberos Python binding in my spare time. It's pythonic, meaning it supports all the basic python operations you expect such as genuine classes that encapsulate a genuine Kerberos object, properties, iteration, indexing, slices, comparison, stringification, etc. It's not complete yet, at the moment it supports these classes: Context, CCache, Credential, Principal, Keytab, Address, KeyBlock, and TicketTimes. It does not yet support krb5_get_init_creds_password() but the framework is so clean it would be easy to add.

I will be investigating adding kerberos support to Eventlet, and would be interested in using this library as well.