On 02/24/2012 03:08 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/24/2012 12:09 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 11:09 +0100, Petr Viktorin wrote:

Old clients *already send* plain arrays; but the server currently
errorneously parses each part again. Maybe a better fix for now would be
to set the "don't parse again" flag on the XMLRPC receiving code,
instead of the client. That way old and new clients would behave
identically.

2) CSV value which is then parsed on the server

Is there any reason at all to do CSV parsing on the server, for the
CLI/XMLRPC case? I can't see it.

Because we want people to be able to write their own client and need to
be able to handle whatever they send.

rob

Handle whatever they send? That sounds like we should try to read their minds. I think we should only allow well-structured XMLRPC calls. The format already has a syntax for lists, why force clients to *also* support CSV (e.g. escape commas)? It's a burden for both sides.

--
PetrĀ³