On Feb 24, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:

On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 23:09 +0000, JR Aquino wrote:
ipa-replica-manage del causes tombstone entries to remain in 389 DS.  This has
proven to be problematic.
We can automatically perform the cleanup task at the deletion time to minimize
orphans and ghosts in the directory.

This patch runs the cleanruv action on all masters following a delete.

Uhmm I think I'll NACK this one.

You should clean_ruv() in del_link() not in del_master()

Simo.

Rich, please correct me if I am mistaken.

I don't believe you need to do clean_ruv() at all for a del_link()... it's not
the individual replica agreements changing that needs purging.  It is the
deletion of a master that requires you to purge via clean_ruv().

>From the Ticket:
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2303#comment:17
Changed 32
hours<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/timeline?from=2012-02-23T15%3A42%3A49Z&precision=second>
 ago by rmeggins

Replying to rcritten<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2303#comment:16>:

Replying to rmeggins<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2303#comment:14>:

How so? That is, how does a 389 plugin running on server A know that server B
has been removed as a replica?

Well, right. Maybe it's my lack of understanding what we need to do for
CLEANRUV. I'm still unclear on which host(s) we need to do anything when
removing a replica.

My reading of JR's comment was "any host that knew anything about a replica
that is deleted needs a task run".

Once you create a replica, the information about that replica is propagated to
all other replicas (eventually, depending on the speed of replication) and
stored in the RUV tombstone entry. So when you remove a replica, you should
also run the CLEANRUV task to remove the information about that replica from
all other replicas.