Ondrej Hamada wrote:
On 02/21/2012 02:32 PM, Ondrej Hamada wrote:
On 02/20/2012 06:53 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Ondrej Hamada wrote:

Added check into migration plugin to warn user when compat is enabled.
If compat is enabled, the migration fails and user is warned that he
must turn the compat off or run the script with (the newly introduced)
option '--compat'.

'--compat' is just a flag, by default set to false. If it is set, the
compat check is skipped.

Interesting approach. I think this is probably good, preventing
migration when the compat plugin is enabled unless you specifically
decide to.

I think the option may need another name, maybe --with-compat or
something.

I think in the message we should use "enabled" instead of "on". That
is the language of ipa-compat-manage.

The migration help should have a discussion of why this is a problem
too, and what compat really is (provides a different view of the data
to be compatible with non RFC2703bis systems).

rob
corrected

Ondra

I forget to update the commit message about the change of flag name.
Corrected patch attached.

This works ok it just seems to be making an assumption on the client when to print this. I think a similar value like enabled needs to be created to explicitly say why we are returning.