Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 03/15/2012 11:30 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 03/01/2012 11:45 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/29/2012 07:46 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 17:51 +0100, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/22/2012 10:41 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
This fixes https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2071 (Add final
debug
message in installers). The try/except blocks at the end of
installers/management scripts are replaced by a call to a common
function, which includes the final message.

Obviously the installers still need some more love. This is as far
as I
got before Martin stopped me, saying I shouldn't change too much
before
a release :)

If it's still too many changes to test, I could just wrap the
blocks in
some `with add_final_message` block for now, and resubmit this patch
after the release.

Yeah, this is exactly the kind of changes that can have yet-unseen
consequences and I don't like pushing this close to the release.

The original ticket just asks for a debug message when the install
script ends. If possible, I would really prefer to have some low-risk
patch adding just those and leave install script refactoring for next
big release, like 3.x. Rob, what's your opinion on this?

Martin

Yes, I agree. Simpler is better at this point.

rob

This patch simply wraps the try blocks in a context that logs the final
result.
Most of the changes are indentation; diff with -w to see the additions.

Not sure if this would count as an update or a new patch...

Rebased against current master.

Rebased again.

Some minor compliants.

If you abort the installation you get this somewhat unnerving error:

Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]:
ipa : ERROR ipa-server-install failed, SystemExit: Installation aborted
Installation aborted

ipa-ldap-updater is the same:

# ipa-ldap-updater
[2012-03-26T14:53:41Z ipa] <ERROR>: ipa-ldap-updater failed, SystemExit: IPA is not configured on this system.
IPA is not configured on this system.

and ipa-upgradeconfig

$ ipa-upgradeconfig
[2012-03-26T14:54:05Z ipa] <ERROR>: ipa-upgradeconfig failed, SystemExit:
You must be root to run this script.

You must be root to run this script.

I'm guessing that the issue is that the log file isn't opened yet.

It would be nice if the logging would be confined to just the log.

When uninstalling you get the message 'ipa-server-install successful'. This is a little odd as well.