On 03/26/2012 05:49 PM, John Dennis wrote:
On 03/26/2012 04:24 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Great! Just two issues now.

According to the style guide, we do allow %s in a string iff it only
appears once. The reason for named substitutions is that the word order
can be changed, providing context is just secondary.
Why does the checker report messages with a single %s as errors?

Good catch, I should have known better, I believe I was the one who
wrote that section in the style guide, so I should have known better (or
remembered better). Fixed.

You've removed test_lang from Makefile.in, but test and .PHONY still
mention it.

Also fixed.

Updated patch attached.

Just a one-liner: The docstring of validate_anonymous_substitutions isn't up to par ­­– there's a missing quote, extra “a”, and the '%s occurred' has no context. I suggest:

We do not permit multiple anonymous substitutions in translation strings (e.g. '%s') because they do not allow translators to reorder the wording. Instead keyword substitutions should be used when there are more than one.

ACK if that's fixed

--
Petr³