Earlier, someone (I think Alexander?) mentioned off-list that since the sudocmd attribute is case-sensitive, it should be compared as case-sensitive when used in the DN, so this is a directory server bug.

I found now that ipalib.dn.AVA.__eq__'s docstring says:

   The value comparison is also case insensitive because the all [sic]
   attribute types used in a DN are derived from the 'name'
   atribute type (OID 2.5.4.41) whose EQUALITY MATCH RULE is
   caseIgnoreMatch.

We do case-insensitive compares on DNs, and there's no easy way to change this (the DN code knows nothing about a particular schema, including case-sensitivity of its attributes).

So however DS is supposed to work (I don't have a manual handy), we're pretty much committed to case-insensitive attributes in DNs.

--
PetrĀ³