On 04/06/2012 04:40 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
1) We still crash when the parameter is empty. We may want to make it
required (the same fix Rob did for cert rejection reason):

# echo "secret123" | ipa migrate-ds ldap://vm-054.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
--with-compat --base-dn="dc=greyoak,dc=com" --user-container=
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to
u'http://vm-022.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com/ipa/xml': Internal Server Error

Good point, will fix.

2) Do you think it would make sense to create a special Param for DN?
Its quite general type and I bet there are other Params that could use
DN instead of Str. It could look like that:
         DN('usercontainer?',
             rdn=True,<<<<  can be RDN, not DN

Yes, I considered introducing a new DN parameter type as well. I think this is a good approach and will have payoff down the road. I will make that change. However I'm inclined to introduce both a DN parameter and a RDN parameter, they really are different entities, if you use a flag to indicate you require a RDN then you lose the type of the parameter, it could be either, and it really should be one or the other and knowing which it is has value.

3) We should not restrict users from passing a user/group container with
more than one RDN:

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about that. The parameter distinctly called for an RDN, but it seemed to me it should support any container below the base, which would make it a DN not a RDN.

FWIW, a DN is an ordered sequence of 1 or more RDN's. DN's do not have to be "absolute", they can be any subset of a "path sequence". A DN with exactly one RDN is equivalent to an RDN, a special case).

I will change the parameter to be a DN since that is what was the original intent.

All good suggestions, a revised patch will follow shortly.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/