Martin Kosek wrote:
On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 10:13 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 09:34 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 04/13/2012 09:28 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
When doing a forms-based login there is no notification that a password
needs to be reset. We don't currently provide a facility for that but we
should at least tell users what is going on.
This patch adds an LDAP bind to test the password to see if it is
expired and returns the string "Password Expired" along with the 401 if
it is. I'm told this is all the UI will need to be able to identify this
UI can work with it. I have a patch ready. I'll send it when this will
1) The error templates and the 'Password Expired' message are hardcoded
to be English. It's fine at the moment. Will we internationalize them
sometime in future? If so, we will run into the same problem again.
No plans to. I can update the patch with a comment specifically to not
internationalize it if you'd like.
2) conn.destroy_connection() won't be called if an exception occurs. Not
sure if it is a problem, GC and __del__ should take care of it.
Hmm, this is due to a late stage change I made. I originally had this
broken out into two blocks where the only thing done in the first
try/except block was the connection, so the only exception that could
happen was a failed connection.
That isn't true any more. I'll update the patch.
And here you go.
I still think that deciding based on error message string is not right,
we may want to have it internationalized and thus hit the same error.
What about returning a custom HTTP header specifying the reason?
Something like that:
Web UI could customize next actions based on this header instead of
parsing the error message.
If you decide to rather stick with current solution and file my proposal
as an enhancement ticket (or discard it entirely), then ACK.
I think this is a better solution. I've updated my patch.
ACK. Worked for me nice, header was there. Now, the ball is on WebUI
I would just rename the header from "X-rejection-reason" to
"X-Rejection-Reason" (camel case used) in order to be consistent with
Honza also suggested to add "IPA" prefix so that people know where this
headers comes from. So the final header name would be:
Good suggestions. Applied both and pushed to ipa-2-2 and master
Freeipa-devel mailing list