... and this build failed due to issues in Koji

DEBUG util.py:257:
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/authconfig/6.1.16/2.fc16/x86_64/authconfig-6.1.16-2.fc16.x86_64.rpm:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 7 - "couldn't connect to host"
DEBUG util.py:257:  Trying other mirror.

Looks like some networking issues.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
Hi John,

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, John Dennis wrote:
We're supposed to be working on master now, not 2.2. But master has dependencies on samba4. Those dependencies can only be resolved on F17, an unreleased platform.

I think it's reasonable for IPA developers to work on the current Fedora release (F16) and not have to resort to trying to develop inside a vm or run builds inside of mock, etc.

Even the most basic developer task such as running make-lint won't work because it requires you run make to populate the generated files. But you can't run make because the configure step fails, it fails because it can't satisfy the samba4 dependencies. The samba4 dependencies can't be satisfied on F16 (I know, I tried).
Please try http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4009116

We are trying to make sure samba4 development packages and libraries are
installable in parallel to samba3 libraries so that other F16 components
would continue working. Unfortunately, it is a bit more complicated than
needed due to versioning symbols in multiple libraries. The update above
should solve the issues.

FWIW, I tried to build samba4-4.0.0-42alpha18.fc17.src.rpm in mock on my local F16 machine and it fails because it depends on libldb 1.1.4 which is only in F17, and so on and so on.

So how are others working on master and how are you getting around this problem?
Updated F16 build is

/ Alexander Bokovoy

/ Alexander Bokovoy