On 05/07/2012 12:50 PM, Adam Tkac wrote:
On 05/07/2012 12:35 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 05/03/2012 02:18 PM, Adam Tkac wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 03:52:00PM +0200, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 04/24/2012 03:21 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello,

this patch adds deadlock detection (based on simple timeout) to current
code.
If (probable) deadlock is detected, current action is stopped with proper
error.

It properly detects "Simo's deadlock" with 'connections' parameter == 1.
(Described in https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/66)

Deadlock itself will be fixed by separate patch.

Petr^2 Spacek

Self-NACK :-)

Second version of the patch is attached. ldap_pool_getconnection()
and ldap_pool_putconnection() now has same interface and more
consistent behaviour.

Overall functionality is same.

Hi,

although I'm not fully happy with current design of the detection logic, we
can
include it before we create something better, for example based on thread IDs
(one thread can acquire semaphore only one time).
I agree, it's far from ideal. Connection and result handling needs redesign
at first. After that I can modify detection logic to be more accurate.

Please check my comments inside the patch.
All done.

Ack. Please push it to master.

Pushed to master:
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/changeset/481e350f5848cf01da6743f259a6f12419fc4177